Thursday 20 March 2008

Fluid Mechanics

I was advised to remove the calorstat. I learned that the calorstat's role is to keep the cooling liquid around the motor while is it not hot enough. Once the temperature rises, the calorstat opens itself and let the cooling liquid circulate freely in the entire circuit.

I first tried without the appropriate tools, and quickly realized it was not a good idea. So I took the car to go to B&Q, and bought the right tool. It then took me a week to access the calorstat, 1 day to find it, and 6 days where I tried to unscrew it (the screws had been damaged after my first attempt with the wrong tools ...).
Anyhow, I finally managed to get it out, to later realize that the circuit is leaking without it! Bad luck. So I cut it using a saw, and only kept the body (upper right on the image).

-
Hopefully that'll work!!

-

No comments: